244: Rick Irwin P2
Imagine you take over multiple new properties. The existing employees are intimidated by your new systems and processes. What would you do? Rick Irwin, CEO of IntegraCare, says the best thing to do is be completely transparent and get the right management in place.
Our longest standing client, Rick Irwin from IntegraCare is back for Part 2! He’s a progressive leader who believes in transparency and persistence. Listen to this episode to learn how you can build trust with new and existing employees.
If you’re a recent college graduate or soon-to-be graduate, you’ll learn what CEOs are looking for in their new employees.
[00:29] Hit the Bullseye
[05:28] Property Turnarounds
- Opportunities to add things we do well
- Begins with an honest assessment
- Everything goes back to leadership
- Earn trust
[12:06] New Leadership, Big Changes
- Salaries and systems
- New systems=intimidating
- Consistent controls on sales, marketing, processes
- How will existing employees react to new systems?
[14:48] Suffered to Learn
- Teaches you to be accountable and to get the right management in place
[16:41] New Properties and the Big Picture
- Transparency is key, especially financially
- Managers see their budget fit into a whole
- Gives a “why”
182:43] Rick’s BS Moment
- First job out of school was in sales
- Trained to use highly manipulative techniques then
- Learning the customer and their needs was much easier
- “Persistence will overcome sins”
- Bullshit doesn’t work anyway
[22:29] Advice to College Grads
- If you’re like the most of us, you think “How do I decide?”
- Get a job with a company that gives you the most autonomy
- Attitude: I’m here to learn, work hard and I know my place
- Humility, passion and aggression
[26:53] Do Grades Matter?
- Grades don’t reflect if you’re smart or not
- Persistence and hard work matter
- Gratitude matters
Are you signed up for the No BS Marketing weekly update? You’ll receive timely, valuable ideas to improve your marketing and transform your message. It’s light, intended to be read in 2 minutes or less and it just might trigger bright ideas for you. To sign up, visit: massolutions.biz.
Remember, ask yourself: What’s The Big Idea and build your story around the answer. It’s all about Bold Solutions, no BS.