What’s better than one Pittsburgh Podcaster? FOUR Pittsburgh Podcasters.
Listen to four of the greatest (in our humble opinions) PGH Podcasters share their stories on how and why they started podcasting. This episode covers everything from content to engagement to creating a podcast.
[03:51] What Even is A Podcast?
- Audio on demand
[03:47] Advertising Perspective on Podcasts
- Listening on purpose
- Much more effective
- Longevity of podcasts ads
- Advertisement + Editorial
- Merging markets
- Are we immune to ads?
- “News you can use”
[14:36] Data and Relevancy
- Learn the percentage of how many people listen to a show in its entirety
- Authentic ads
[16:35] How Does One Produce a Podcast?
- Perfect is the enemy of good
- How much are you willing to invest?
[20:34] Ask Yourself:
- Is it beneficial?
- Who’s my audience?
- Develop a marketing plan
- Collaboration is the new competition
[22:29] Content Strategy and REAL Marketing
- Segmented audiences
- QUALITY of listeners not the QUANTITY of listeners
- 2 why’s=What’s the Big Idea?
[25:14] Let’s Talk Engagement
- Who not how many
- Are you reaching who you want to? Are they engaging?
[29:29] Allegiance to Podcast
- Guess how many people have listened to podcasts before? And in the last month?
- HINT: it’s more than the # of people who have been on Twitter
[36:14] Audience Q&A
Are you signed up for the No BS Marketing weekly update? You’ll receive timely, valuable ideas to improve your marketing and transform your message. It’s light, intended to be read in 2 minutes or less and it just might trigger bright ideas for you. To sign up, visit: massolutions.biz.
Remember, ask yourself: What’s The Big Idea and build your story around the answer. It’s all about Bold Solutions, no BS.