236: LIVE from the Pittsburgh Business Show P1
Ever go to a tradeshow and wonder “so what am I actually doing here?” If you said yes, and our guess is that you did, then this week’s episode of the No BS Marketing Show is especially perfect for you.
This week’s episode was filmed on the podcast stage at the 2nd Pittsburgh Business Show. With tired Pittsburgh businesspeople walking by, Dave and Annie break down the advantages of advertising through podcasts, strategic KPI’s and their power, how to get a serious return out of tradeshows and internal data. Listen to learn some of Dave’s tradeshow tricks!
[01:23] Sponsored Ads: Podcasts vs. Traditional
- 85% of podcast fans listen to the entire episode
- Traditional sponsored content is fleeting
- Audio on demand
- 75% of podcast listeners take action from a sponsored message on
- Endorsed by a show host
[02:31] Engagement, Not Size
- It’s not about the size of your following, it’s about the engagement
- Are you reaching the correct target?
- Is your audience engaged? Taking action?
[05:56] Strategic KPIs vs. Tactical Metrics
- KPIs drive top and bottom line growth
- KPIs are understood by C-Suite
- Tactical metric examples: bounce-rate, impressions
- C-Suite won’t feel comfortable with tactical metrics
- KPIs get budgets approved
[07:06] 4 Strategic KPIs That Matter
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
[15:15] Perfect is the Enemy of Good
- Don’t obsess 4 KPIs and never get started
- Start with an expert
- Get outside help
[17:16] How Much Data Do You Need?
- Internal data is gold that hasn’t been mined yet
- Bring in outside expertise
- Start with 3 years of sales data
[20:42] Creating a Winning Tradeshow Strategy
- Pre-game, in-game, post-game
- WHY did we go? WHAT are we going to do there?
- Create a plan
- Build relationships and have meaningful conversations
[25:05] Dave’s Tradeshow Trick
Are you signed up for the No BS Marketing weekly update? You’ll receive timely, valuable ideas to improve your marketing and transform your message. It’s light, intended to be read in 2 minutes or less and it just might trigger bright ideas for you. To sign up, visit: massolutions.biz.
Remember, ask yourself: What’s The Big Idea and build your story around the answer. It’s all about Bold Solutions, no BS.