March Madness is about buzzer beaters and bracket busters.
However, the triumph and heartbreak of the March Madness tournament aren’t just limited to college basketball players. Ask any current or former college athlete. They can tell you about the moments they were the team celebrating a big upset or the time where they were the star player. On the flip side, they can tell you about the times they were humbled.
Listen to this week’s March Madness-inspired episode to learn about the seven common traits many former competitive athletes might bring to your workplace.
[00:38 ] Trait 1: Unspoken Bonds
- Immediately connect with other former college athletes
- Mutual understanding of each other’s dedication, what they went through, focus, humbling moments
- Win with class, lose with class
[03:26:11 ] Trait 2: Deliberate Practice
- Work harder
- Deliberate practice is having a how and why for everything you do
- Do everything with purpose
[05:07 ] Trait 3: Understand Deadlines
- Athletes understand all things come to an end
- Meet deadlines
- Never know when it’ll end
[08:45 ] Trait 4: Handling of Pressure
- Confident and prepared
- Handle pressure well
- Rise to the occasion
[09:45 ] Trait 5: Take Feedback
- Generally good at taking feedback
- Can take bad tones, remarks, non-verbal expressions
- Take feedback, work hard and get better at it
[11:39 ] Trait 6: Teamwork
- Humbling experiences help teamwork
- Work together
- Band together
- Not always stars, but always team players
[12:57 ] Trait 7: Accountability
- Hold themselves accountable
- They do things while no one is looking
- Do things from passion, discipline, and accountability
Are you signed up for the No BS Marketing weekly update? You’ll receive timely, valuable ideas to improve your marketing and transform your message. To sign up, visit: massolutions.biz.